Things to know before you apply
Programs/Start Terms Availability -Before applying, please be sure your desired program is available at your desired campus and for your preferred start term.
In order to complete your application, you will need access to the email address entered, so please use a preferred and accessible email address.
Answer all Questions- While not all questions on the TSTC application for admissions are required, all questions are helpful in providing you the best information and service. We recommend answering all questions to the best of your ability. Please contact your local campus recruiter if you have any questions.
Readmit Students - Have you been out three consecutive semesters (or one year)? Ready to come back? No problem! Depending on the category under which you qualify for admissions submit the following additional documents:
- Additional transcripts of any colleges or universities you have attended since enrolled at Texas State Technical College (TSTC).
- Updated Bacterial Meningitis Vaccination information: Students under age 22 must present documentation of a Bacterial Meningitis Vaccination required by Texas Senate Bill 62.
New Student Application Checklist
- Academic Transcripts
- Submit an official high school transcript, official GED score report, or official college transcript(s) from all previously attended colleges to the Enrollment Center. Please note that for a transcript to be considered official, it must be sealed in an envelope by the school along with a date of graduation and official school seal, sent through an approved third party transcript service, or sent electronically directly from the institution.
- Bacterial Meningitis Vaccination
- The state of Texas requires that any incoming students under 22 years of age, enrolling in college, must either receive a vaccine against bacterial meningitis or meet certain criteria for declining the vaccination at least 10 days prior to the first day of classes and provide appropriate documentation. Proof of vaccination needs to be submitted to the Enrollment Center.
- Meet with an Enrollment Coach for TSI advising
- Please visit with or contact an Enrollment Coach at the Enrollment Center regarding your TSI status for academic placement. During the initial conversation, the Enrollment Coach will determine if you need to take the college placement test (TSI Assessment) or if by chance, you have met an approved exemption.
- Apply for Financial Aid
- For federal financial aid, please complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa. TSTC’s Federal School code is 003634. When you receive the answer (Student Aid Report - SAR) from the FAFSA processor, you will know that our Financial Aid department has also received the same information. Please allow two weeks for a follow-up email for further instructions.
Are you a High School Student looking to take Dual Enrollment classes with us?
Dual enrollment means that you are looking to earn college and high school credit at the same time and shorten the time it takes to earn a Certificate I, II or Associate Degree with TSTC. If this is you, awesome!
Here's what you need to do:
- Ask your counselor if your high school partners with Texas State Technical College and learn about your program options from there.
- Please don't submit an application to the College without completing step one.
- If your school DOES partner with us, submit a Dual Enrollment application through our website.
- A Dual Enrollment recruiter will be in touch with you and your high school counselor for next steps.
Start Your Application Process Now
Best Viewed on Chrome or Firefox, Internet Explorer is not Recommended.
To access information about your Financial Aid click here.