Ready to get started?
Our Admissions Checklist can help ensure you are on track to enroll.
The information below will help you gain admission for a career technology.
- Complete an application for admission online.
- Depending on the category under which the applicant qualifies for admission, submit the following additional documents:
- High school graduate: an official copy of high school transcript
- College or university transfer: official transcripts from all institutions of higher education attended previously
- State of Texas Official Certificate of High School Equivalency or GED: A copy of your certificate or official score report: https://tea.texas.gov/TxCHSE.html
- Applicants seeking admissions who do not meet the requirement as a high school graduate from an accredited high school or high school equivalency program must submit documentation to meet requirements for exceptional admissions by submitting the Individual Approval Form and supporting documentation stated on the form.
- Evidence of “capability to do college-level work" include:
- Passing all sections of the Texas Success Initiative (TSI) Assessment
- Completing the TSTC developmental sequence of courses to achieve TSI met status
- Completing six (6) or more college level course hours (non-developmental) with a grade of “C” or better
Students under age 22 must present documentation of a Bacterial Meningitis Vaccination required by Texas Senate Bill 62.
All Texas State Technical College (TSTC) students, unless exempt or waived from the Texas Success Initiative (TSI) testing requirements, must take the TSI Assessment before enrolling at TSTC. High school transcripts with STAAR, TAKS, SAT, ACT scores and/or college transcripts can be evaluated by the Testing Office to determine if you meet TSI requirements. Please visit the Testing webpage for TSI requirements, testing exemptions and waivers.
All College and Military transcripts are evaluated by the Admissions Office for transferable academic credit. Once the credit is entered, you can view it via your WebAdvisor account.
Please contact your Faculty Program Advisor or Academic Advisor to further evaluate your transcript for any additional technical credit you feel may be transferred in for program credit. Click here for the Transfer Credit Request Form.
Please note: All documents submitted by applicants who do not register for the term indicated on the admission application will be retained for one year in Admissions. At the end of one year, all records are discarded unless the applicant has notified Admissions of continued interest in attending TSTC. All documents become the property of TSTC and are not returned to the students.
Texas State Technical College (TSTC) maintains an open admissions policy, but admission to the college does not guarantee admission to all programs. Admissions to some TSTC programs have specific requirements. Please contact Advising about any additional enrollment requirements.