HEP offers English GED classes. Classes begin each semester and continue throughout the year. Classes cover four parts of the GED (Mathematical Reasoning, Science, Reasoning Through Language Arts, and Social Studies), as well as Life Management Skills (classes aimed at informing students of academic and career opportunities, skills and requirements).
The GED Tests
- GED tests are designed to measure the major and lasting academic outcomes normally acquired through completion of a typical high school program of study.
- Persons must master all four sections in order to receive their GED certificate.
- Mastery of the GED is attained through acquiring a minimum score of 145 in each section (www.GED.com).
- The highest score attainable on each exam is 200.
Life Management Skills
- Instruction in stress management, time management, family relations, study skills, leadership skills and more.
- Referrals to community service organizations, agencies and services that provide supplemental social services.
- Personal counseling to discuss options to everyday dilemmas.
For more information, please contact HEP at 956-364-4505.