NCCER Core and NCCER Construction Level 1
Carpenters make up the largest building trades occupation in the industry, and those with all-around skills are in high demand.
NCCER Core (73 hours)
The NCCER Core Curriculum is a prerequisite and foundation to all other Level 1 craft curriculum. Its modules cover topics such as Basic Safety, Communication Skills and Instruction to Construction Drawings. Completing this curriculum gives the trainee the basic skills needed to continue education in any craft area he or she chooses.
NCCER Basic Framing NCCER (48 hours)
Knowledge and skills required to erect wood frame structures with emphasis on layout and construction of floors, walls and roofs. Includes safety procedures for using hand and power tools and structural materials.
Introduction to Carpentry NCCER (115 hours)
An introduction to the carpentry trade including safety, tools, equipment, terminology and methods.
Safety Component (14 hours)
OSHA General Industry/Construction Safety and Health provides an introduction to specific training techniques involving the safe handling of blood and airborne pathogens, as well as general safety and security on the premises. Addresses the right to know and MSDS. Outlines Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations, inspections, penalties and compliance. The trainee will be able to:
• Demonstrate proficiency in handling critical and safety situations.
• Explain the importance of performing tasks safely and correctly.
• Maintain a situation in compliance with OSHA regulations.
Forklift Component (12 hours)
• Safety awareness, components identification and field driving exercises.
• Analyzing hydraulic and electrical components, and safety precautions.
• Discussion of preventative maintenance and basic repairs.
• Variety of exercises, lifting techniques and additional criteria evaluation such as surface conditions.
• Successfully demonstrate maneuvering exercises around simulated obstacle course.
• Program total: 262 Hours
• Tuition: $4,500
• Materials per student $500
• Minimum of six students to make the course.
• Books, tools and labs included.
• Certifications: OSHA 10, Forklift